It is the aim of Brambles Primary Academy to ensure that the academy remains open during adverse weather conditions, when practically possible, providing that this can be done in a safe manner.
Brambles Primary Academy intends to, wherever possible, make the decision to close the school before the teaching day commences, rather than defer the decision and delay the opening of the academy.
Decision to close
The decision to close the academy will be made by the Executive Principal, Mr Carbutt or by the Head of School, Miss Inns. The site manager and the head of trust operations will be consulted when making a decision about school closure.
The academy will be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Conditions on site are considered to be unsafe and are likely to present danger to users of the site.
- Staff numbers are insufficient for the academy to be operated safely.
In the event of an academy closure:
- The Academy will contact all parents through our School Comms system.
- An update will be posted on the home page of the academy website.
- The site manager will display ‘closure’ signs on the academy’s entrance gates.
- Kirklees council will be informed and the closure will appear on their website. Should you wish to check reports of closure, you can do so by visiting the council website by clicking on the link below
- Closure information will also be shared with the local radio and TV stations for them to use as they wish in their bulletins.
- A closure of the academy during the day and an early release of staff will only be considered in extreme circumstances.
- If the academy does need to close, home learning will be provided for all children. This will be accessed through their Class Dojo account.