Visits to Brambles Primary Academy are strongly recommended.
Are you looking for a place for your child to start Reception in 2024
or in Year 3 2024?
Brambles Primary Academy is a brand new non-selective Free School and is a member of South Pennine Academies.
The academy has 60 places available for children aged 4 starting Reception in September 2024 and may have school places for Year 3 starting September 2024. When our school is full, we have a capacity of 420 places We are located on Cambridge Road, Huddersfield.
To apply visit : www.kirklees.gov.uk/admissions or call: 01484 220507
Children can start reception year at primary school from the September after their fourth birthday. By law children don't have to start school until the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday
You can apply online for a primary school or middle school place between 1 September 2023 and 15 January 2024.
|Child is born between||Starts primary school||Apply between|
|1 September 2018 - 31 August 2019||September 2023||September 2022 - January 2023|
|1 September 2019 - 31 August 2020||September 2024||September 2023 - January 2024|
|1 September 2020 - 31 August 2021||September 2025||September 2024 - January 2025|
|1 September 2021 - 31 August 2022||September 2026||September 2025 - January 2026|
Please note applications close on the 15th January 2023
If you apply after the deadline of 15th January 2024, your application will be considered as late. Late applications are not considered until all on-time applicants have been allocated school places.
Late applications received after 15th January 2024 will be processed as part of the re-allocation period. This is a 'two-week window' after national offer day when Kirklees parents/carers can write to Kirklees Pupil Admissions and change the school preference(s).
Late applications severely reduce your application's success.
For further information on Admission arrangements please see our admission policies on our policy page or follow the link belowPolicies
Brambles Primary Academy does not give priority to applications from students enrolled at a particular School or Academy
Kirklees Timetable for admissions to Primary School 2024
If you would like to appeal please follow the link below to take you to Kirklees
In-Year Admissions or applications to Reception, Year 1, Year 2 or Year 3
In-year admissions to Brambles Primary Academy will be dealt with by the Academy itself. Please ring for further information on this process.
There are three different types of in-year admission:
- Parents or carers who have moved into Kirklees and do not have a school place for their child
- Parents or carers who are moving within Kirklees and whose child already has a school place
- Parents or carers who live in Kirklees and are not moving house, but would like their child to change school
If you would like your child to transfer to Brambles Primary Academy you will need to complete an ICAF (in-year common application form).
The ICAF (in-year common application form) is available in the following ways:
- Click here (ICAF form) to download a copy of the form
- Contact us on 01484 240338 to ask for further information and availability on spaces
- Email us at email@example.com and ask a form to be emailed to you
If there are no places available
If there are no places available, we will write to you saying that we cannot offer your child a place with us and asking whether you would like us to add your child’s name to our waiting list.
The Governing Body will use the oversubscription criteria above to rank unsuccessful applicants in a waiting list so that further places may be offered if they become available.
‘The criteria in this section apply to entry at Reception phase of the school. When the school is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with an Education, Health and Care plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs naming the school, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in priority order:
1. Children in public care (looked after children) or a child who was previously looked after including those children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order), immediately following having been looked after and those children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
2. Priority will next be given to the siblings of pupils attending the school at the time the application is received.
3. Priority will next be given to children living within 1.5 miles of Brambles Primary Academy. See the map at the end of this policy.
4. Other children
How we consider applications for every age group
Brambles Primary Academy opened as a new school in September 2018, starting with just reception pupils.
It is intended the school will grow with a new year group of 60 reception children each year until we reach Year 6 in 2024. As the school grows, we will be able to consider admissions for any of the year groups we have. When full capacity is 420 children.
Special Education Needs
The Academy will admit children with Statements of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health and Care Plan where the Academy is named in the statement or plan.
Parents of potential children are invited to meet with the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO), in order to discuss their child’s needs and how these could be met by the academy.
The academy ensures that admission procedures and arrangements are accessible to disabled applicants and do not treat vulnerable children less favourably.