What is Sports Premium?
The primary PE and sport premium was introduced in March 2013 to improve the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England. The funding is allocated directly to primary schools and is ring-fenced. This means it may only be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools should prioritise PE and sport premium spending to improve in the following 5 key areas:
- increasing all staff’s confidence, knowledge and skills in teaching PE and sport
- increasing engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and sport
- raising the profile of PE and sport across the school, to support whole school improvement
- offer a broader and more equal experience of a range of sports and physical activities to all pupils
- increase participation in competitive sport
Gov.uk 'PE and sports premium for primary schools guidance' Updated October 2023
Sports Premium funding at Brambles Primary Academy
Sports Premium Funding does not apply until pupils are in Year 1, therefore £0 was allocated in 2018-2019. There is no impact report for 2018-19.
In 2019-2020 the Academy received £16,180
In 2020-2021, the Academy received £17,110
In 2021-2022 the Academy received £16,580
In 2022-2023 the academy received £17,200